YOURSELF FROM STRESS
Stress is how we respond to the unknown; a small amount of stress is healthy to maintain alertness and keep us on our toes, but too much stress is what can make a person overwhelmed and burned out. Many people become stressed due to having an inefficient work life balance. We will give tips on how anyone can relieve stress and maintain their peace of mind. La'Bella MAFIA recommends these 10 approaches listed below.
1. Develop a space for relaxation. Think of times and places where you are the most calm. It could be the beach or a park. Go there as often as possible. For me, it would be just taking a drive down a scenic highway. These are the simple things in life that can give us relaxation. I would say, try doing these things on a weekly basis if not more.
2. Keep a stress diary and write down the times you are the most stressed. Try to avoid these stress inducers. For example, if going to a particular grocery stores makes you stressed, then go to a different one. Why add unnecessary stress.
3. Take baths. We have become a nation of now. Sitting in a calming, warm bath gives you time to yourself; also add bath salts or some aromatic oils which can relieve muscle tension.
4. Eat healthier foods rich in vitamins and nutrients. Foods high in sugar can make us crash and feel sluggish creating undue stress.
5. Take deep breaths. Shallow breaths can cause hyperventilation, which can in turn cause muscle spasms and chest pain. If you suffer from panic attacks, this proven method has helped many who struggle with anxiety.
6. Discover the benefits of massage therapy. There are numerous benefits to this ancient art; some include relieving muscle tension, eye strain, and headaches.
7. Get adequate rest. Sleep deprivation can cause people to be over-anxious throughout the day. No one can possibly be alert only obtaining 5 hours a sleep per night. Ideally, people should get 7-8 hours per night.
8. Use Aromatherapy. Scents can trigger many emotions in our olfactory parts of our brain. Smelling freshly cut grass can bring you to a time of innocence and worry-free times. Placing oils in your bath (Lavender oil) can induce relaxation.
9. Overcome fears. Fear is probably the ultimate cause of stress; so try to figure out what you are afraid of.
10. Go on vacation. You deserve it. Take your two weeks out of the year and go somewhere new. Going to new places enables people to find perspective within their lives and make needed changes.
Enter our STRESS-FIX GIVEAWAY HERE!
ATLANTA | BOSTON | CHARLESTON | CHARLOTTE | CHICAGO | CLEVELAND | DALLAS | DENVER | DETROIT | GRAND RAPIDS | HONOLULU | HOUSTON
INDIANAPOLIS | LAS VEGAS | LOS ANGELES | MIAMI | MILWAUKEE | MINNEAPOLIS | NASHVILLE | NEWARK | NEW ORLEANS | NEW YORK | OKLAHOMA CITY
ORLANDO | PHILADELPHIA | PHOENIX | PORTLAND | PUERTO RICO | SALT LAKE CITY | SAN ANTONIO | SAN DIEGO | SAN FRANCISCO | SEATTLE | ST. LOUIS | WASHINGTON D.C.